10/04/2010

TLC's "Sister Wives" Investigated, Bigamy Charges Possible, Say Reports

Police in Utah say they've launched a bigamy investigation into a polygamous family starring in a reality television show.
Lehi police Lt. Darren Paul told the Salt Lake Tribune for a Tuesday report that the investigation was triggered by publicity surrounding the show.
"Sister Wives," premiered Sunday on TLC. It features Kody Brown, a 41-year-old advertising salesman and his four wives.
Bigamy is a third-degree felony in Utah, although it is rarely prosecuted.
Under the law, a person can be guilty of bigamy through cohabitation, not just legal marriage contracts.
Polygamy is a legacy of the early Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Mormons abandoned the practice in 1890 as a condition of Utah statehood.




OK, I just don't get it!
Why the hell would you want four wives?
I can't even make it with one, Robyn Sullivan the newest of his wives is hot!
The other three well I'm going to be nice and shut up.
I have a good friend who believes in plural marriage, and practices it.
I have actually been to his home, and is quite a bit like this reality series Sister Wives.
The fact that he has multiple wives has not affected our friendship, he's a great guy, and just because I can't keep one wife and he has four has never influenced our friendship.
Bottom line I still don't get it?
Funny thing is, this show is addictive, I find myself looking forward to next Sunday night to see what will happen next?

No comments: