5/04/2008

Singer Avril Lavigne cancels concert

Source: LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Pop singer Avril Lavigne is having trouble on her tour so much so she had to cancel her concert in Anaheim. Promoters blamed laryngitis for the cancelation but tickets for Lavigne's "The Best Damn Tour" concert series are also not selling well. Lavigne also canceled a San Diego concert on short notice Wednesday. She has also canceled today's scheduled concert at Universal City Citywalk and her next four concert dates.



For her part, Lavigne apologized. Here’s the text of the blog she posted on her MySpace page.
Hey Guys,
I am at home right now taking it easy. I have been sick this whole tour, and now I have lost my voice. I have never canceled a show in my whole career and just had to for the first time ever. This sux!
I am so sorry! I have been on the road for 60 days straight. I have had the flu 3 times and I never get sick, it just keeps going around. I think I am just run down. I just played 4 shows in a row in Texas (which is a lot for the vocals) and woke up in Vegas Tuesday with no voice. I thought I was gonna have to cancel that show, but I made it through…..barely! I still went on stage in Vegas and gave it my all, but unfortunately its interfering with my throat now. I had to eliminate songs.
I woke up yesterday and knew I wouldn't be able to sing last night. My voice is so shot. We drove home yesterday and I went to my throat doctor. He stuck a camera down my throat….ewwww, I gagged!!! It was kinda funny though…..he said I have "Acute Laryngitis".
So, um, yeah, that sux. I was supposed to play a show in San Diego yesterday and was supposed to perform on Jay Leno tomorrow and go live with Ryan Seacrest in the today, but I had to cancel that too. I'm at home resting my voice for 2 days and hope to be back out soon. Thank you for understanding. And once again, I sincerely apologize. Avril"
All I can say is, shes still Hot, and I still don't like her!

No comments: